Payment and shipment
Prices, shipping costs, payment, due date
(1) The prices shown in the store include the statutory VAT and do not include shipping costs. We charge a flat rate of 5.50 EUR within Germany. From 100.00 EUR order value the delivery is free of shipping costs. The shipping costs outside of Germany depend on the size and weight of the respective order. In this case, the customer can determine the actual shipping costs by placing the desired items and quantities in the shopping cart and selecting his delivery country. If the customer does not have a customer account or is not logged in, the following steps are necessary to determine the actual shipping costs: Click on „Edit shopping cart“, then on „Shipping costs“ and then select the country and shipping method. By clicking on these options, the respective shipping costs will be recalculated. If the customer is already logged in, he has to follow the order process to determine the actual shipping costs until the shipping options are displayed. Then the customer can click on the individual shipping options and see the corresponding shipping costs at the bottom of the total. Finally, the shipping costs are also displayed to the customer on the summary page before the order is submitted.
(2) The consumer has the option of payment in advance or PayPal.
(3) If the payment method prepayment is selected, the customer will receive our bank details after completion of the order by means of a separate e-mail. The invoice amount is to be transferred to the specified account within 7 days after conclusion of the contract. We will ship the goods only after receipt of payment. If no payment has been received on the specified account within 7 days after conclusion of the contract, we are entitled to withdraw from the contract without a reminder.
(4) If the payment method PayPal is selected, the customer will be redirected to the website of the online provider PayPal after submitting the order. In order to pay the purchase price via PayPal, the customer must be registered there or register first, legitimize with his access data and confirm the payment instruction to us. We then request PayPal to initiate the payment transaction. This will be carried out automatically by PayPal immediately thereafter.
(5) For deliveries to non-EU countries, additional customs duties and fees may apply. These are then to be paid by the customer, but not to the seller, but to the respective customs or tax authorities. Further information can be found, for example, at http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/customs/customs_duties/index_de.htm and on import sales tax at http://auskunft.ezt-online.de/ezto/Welcome.do.
(1) Unless we have clearly stated otherwise in the product description, all items offered by us are ready for immediate shipment. The delivery takes place here at the latest within 5 working days. The delivery period begins in the case of payment in advance on the day after the payment order to the bank responsible for the transfer and for all other payment methods on the day after the conclusion of the contract. If the deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday at the place of delivery, the deadline ends on the next working day. The delivery is made with DHL, Deutsche Post or UPS.
After the shipment, the customer will receive an e-mail including the shipment number, with which he can track the status of the package. If he cannot accept the package personally, it will be delivered to a post office branch or, if necessary, to a packing station near you. In case of address ambiguity (missing or wrong information) the parcel service will send the package back to us directly without asking. For another shipment, shipping costs will be charged again.
For shipping to a Packstation, please indicate the Post-ID number after the last name in the delivery address.
If an ordered item is not available, we are entitled to withdraw from the contract. In this case, we will inform the customer immediately that the ordered goods are not available and refund any payments already made without delay.
(2) The risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the sold item shall not pass to the Buyer until the item is handed over to the Buyer, even in the case of a mail-order purchase.